We are really excited to announce the launch of our 7th sustainability report to date, “Harnessing the Power of Community”. The report details our annual progress according to the UN Global Compact principles and follows the Global Reporting Initiative’s G4 Framework to improve the structure, completeness and comparability of its reports.
“Looking to 2016 – and beyond– it is clear that corporations have a responsibility to deliver the most responsible products, and we play a key role in changing behaviours and enabling more sustainable commerce. I believe MCI and our industry can be a positive force for change, an engine of economic growth and social development, and champions of better, responsible business across every industry we touch. We are passionate about supporting our clients and industry to embrace more sustainable practices, and believe that by harnessing the power of community, we are building a better world.” said Sebastien Tondeur, Chief Executive Officer of MCI Group.
Tracking the results of our internal sustainability strategy and external sustainability services, the report highlights the following key achievements in 2015:
- Clients: In 2015, MCI organised 128 events around sustainability in 60 countries and delivered 18 sustainability consulting projects for corporate and institutional clients including Engineers Australia, SAP, Barcelona Tourism, the Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau, the Danish Maritime Forum and Las Vegas Sands Corporation.
- Community: MCI talents volunteered a total number of 5,970 hours this year, raising over €128,108 and supporting 80 charity projects around the globe.
- Ethics: In 2015, MCI launched a group-wide ethics assessment programme in which 440 talents worldwide were trained in ethical business practices.
- Supply Chain: 100% of MCI’s preferred global suppliers and 33% of the company’s entire supply chain are compliant with MCI’s responsible procurement policies.
- Talent: MCI’s learning and development institute delivered 5,971 hours of training this year.
- Health and Safety: 87% of MCI events were assessed for sustainability and safety risks.
Guided by the concept of People, Planet and Profit, MCI has managed 740 high-profile sustainability and energy related projects to date, earning the company 18 sustainability awards. We have gained industry-wide recognition for pioneering sustainability consulting, ISO certification and sustainability reporting, and are proud to be the world’s leading organiser of sustainable events.