A large medical federation organises an international congress every four years. Due to its rotating regional schedule and gap between meetings, the challenge was to create a regional as well as global awareness of the event and ensure a high number of participants for the 2016 edition in Hong Kong.
The MCI Digital Marketing Department has experience in both regional and international promotion efforts, so this experience was crucial in reaching potential delegates. As the congress was taking place in Asia, the region had to take a primary focus to ensure that delegates from Asia Pacific and China attended the congress. An equally important broader campaign was also instituted to attract international participants and highlighted the opportunity for social networking and collaboration.
Solutions & Results
To meet congress attendance goals, the MCI Digital Marketing Department developed a comprehensive engagement strategy from website, e-mailers and e-commerce to SEO, digital advertising and social media.
The full digital package increased awareness of the event and converted web visitors into abstracts submitters and registered participants.
- 96,808 unique visitors were generated to a website that was built with no previous history
- A monthly e-mailer campaign with newsworthy information informed and engaged delegates resulting in over 6000 opens per newsletter
- Search Engine Optimisation and Calendar Listings ensured that the congress and its related topics were high on Google search rankings
- Database acquisition forms gathered over 3000 new interested parties via the website, onsite promotions and competitions
- The global Pay Per Click campaign brought over 17,000 new visitors to the website at a fraction of the cost of print and other advertising
- Re-marketing adverts further reinforced calls to submit abstracts and register
- Social media exposure of regular posts leading to the congress not only built brand recognition but had 47,752 impressions on Facebook and Twitter