Back to blog index

Celebrating Women in the Events Industry

Share

In honor of the International Women’s day, we take the opportunity to praise women of all ages and extend our gratitude to our wonderful female talents for their significant contribution in the continuous growth of MCI within the global M.I.C.E. industry.

Women Talents thrive in the M.I.C.E industry

Our long history and international expertise in event production and management have shaped our identity and added more to our core business values: That believing in people and offering them an environment for professional and personal growth makes all the difference on the way to success. But, in a rapidly evolving – and at the same time – challenging environment, has the contribution of women event professionals reached its full potential?

Letting numbers speak for themselves, recent data suggests that 55% of the M.I.C.E. workforce is female and the remaining 45% male. Within MCI, gender equality at all levels is instilled in our core values and since the beginning we have been promoting gender balance throughout our global workforce. It is carved in our business model and corporate culture that women are trusted in key management roles. They are strong ambassadors of our brand and respected decision makers, not only for us but also for the numerous partnerships of M.I.C.E professionals and industry experts.

International Women's Day

We are aware that the key to achieving our goals by remaining true to our vision, is to create and maintain a challenging, fun and respectful environment for our dedicated teams. Within this environment we are encouraging our female talents to build both their professional and personal success. After all, MCI has gained a lot of its own success and growth by the brilliant examples set by our highly talented female professionals.

The shape of the global workforce

As the gap between working females and males is gradually shrinking, research shows that over the next two decades, an estimated 1 billion women will enter and reinforce the global workforce.

Also, keeping in mind that almost half of the world’s population is composed of women and that until 2012 only 50.5% of the working-age women were in the labor force (compared to 76.8% of men), the shift towards a more gender-balanced economy is estimated to add an astonishing $12 trillion to the global GDP by 2025. This only highlights the fact that women have become an important source of talent and as a result, their participation in highly skilled positions that entail big responsibilities is essential for ensuring business growth.

This only highlights the fact that women have become an important source of talent and as a result, their participation in highly skilled positions that entail big responsibilities is essential for ensuring business growth.

In line with the global movement towards gender equality that aims to create a universal community of powered women by giving them the praise they deserve, we are committed to keep enhancing our dynamic workforce that elevates the importance of women and acknowledges their significant impact on the M.I.C.E. industry.

So, here’s a shout-out to all women around the world and we see this day as a strong reminder of your outstanding contribution!

File Download

Close

File:

To complete your download, please complete the short form.

Suggest a blog Topic

Close

To suggest a topic, please complete this short form.

Get the MCI Live Monthly

Close
Get the MCI Live Monthly

Sign up and join 1000s of event professionals receiving our news and insights straight to their inbox. And get exclusive first access to our latest reports and white papers as they are released.

To sign up to, please complete the fields below

We will send you no more than one email per month, with a summary of the best blog articles from the past month, and links to our latest white papers and reports as they are published.

Send a message

Close


To email the author, please complete this short form.