Budget issues are the main reasons for most smaller and medium-size congresses not to invest in digital marketing, as the gains are unclear to the client. Clients are usually investing more than 30% of their annual budget on an event, yet only 1% is allocated to marketing. In this increasingly competitive event industry landscape, the challenge is to not only engage audiences and reach new ones but also ensure that potential attendees convert into loyal customers or members.
The MCI Digital Marketing Department offers unique products and competitive service packages that can make a true difference in boosting your congress awareness and generate more revenues. A carefully targeted investment in a digital campaign can turn a relatively small investment into much larger net profits via registrations and increased sponsorship.
Boosting net profit through digital marketing
Using targeted advertising and e-mail marketing campaigns, the following congresses ranging from 800 to 2500 participants (EAHAD 2017, EOS 2017 and Nutrition 2017), experienced an average increase in registrations of between 5 and 10%. In the case of EAHAD 2017, registration could have increased by 20% in year 1 of the implementation of digital marketing – resulting in registration being closed early due to space limitations (following an increase of 10% from the previous year.)
On average, the congresses that invested in the offered MCI Digital Marketing package, covered costs by the time they gained 30 participants. In total, the cost was less than 3% of overall registration and in most cases there was a 5-10% increase in attendees. With the initial investments, returns were far greater.
- The monthly e-mailer campaigns consistently have above average open rates and generate 10 -20% of the traffic to the website.
- ‘Keep Me Updated’ forms increased databases by 5-10% at no extra cost to the client.
- Targeted keyword search advertising on Google resulted in 1000s of click-throughs and account for 15 – 25% of their website traffic.
- The global pay-per-clicks campaign provides 1000s of impressions and new visitors to the website at a fraction of the cost of print and other advertising.
- High visibility raises the credibility of the congress generating higher sponsorship investment.
Whether you are interested in enhancing your visibility, boosting participants’ engagement or activating your target audiences, our digital marketing services can help you grow your congress. For more visit us here.