Walking is one of the easiest ways to improve your health. Regular physical activity like walking can greatly reduce the risk of conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer — and it’s more fun if we do it together.
That’s why MCI USA is participating in the American Public Health Association’s 1 Billion Steps Challenge.
Our team name is MCI USA Wellness Warriors –because we are all awesome and fierce. As a team we have set a goal of walking enough collective steps to walk all the way to our Black Flower Agency Miami office, between Feb 20 and April 9! That’s 2.1 Million steps!
Twenty Three of our amazing colleagues have joined in the walking fun and so far we have walked over 1 Million steps. Which means we are well on our way to reaching our goal of 2.1 Million steps.
How are we racking up all of those steps? Lots of small, simple ways that anyone can use to add a little more activity into their days, like:
• Taking a walk at lunch
• Parking the car farther away from the building in a parking lot
• Scheduling a walking meeting (instead of a sitting meeting)
• Walking a lap around the office once an hour
• Walking up and down your street once a day
• Taking short 10 minute walks a couple of times a day
Stay tuned to hear how far we walk!