Summer is finally upon us (although unseasonably cold temperatures in certain areas are making us check the calendar twice), and work is winding down (a little), gearing us to take some well-deserved time off over the next few months to refresh and recharge. As we disconnect, most of us like to fill the time by picking up a book with the purpose of learning something new or indulging on an adventure that immediately transports us. As an avid reader of all genres, I wanted to share with you a few of my favorites that have either moved me, transported my imagination, or made me savvier in my day to day activities. Most importantly, I love getting inspired by some of the non-fiction picks, reminding us all to learn from the lessons of life, continue our growth towards empathy, and let our true selves shine through.
ENJOY! And don’t hesitate to reach out and share your favorites.
- Chasing the Flame by Samantha Power
- Tattoos on the Heart by Gregory Boyle
- The Beach Trees by Karen White
- The Island by Victoria Hislop
- Enrique’s Journey by Sonia Nazario
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
- The New Urban Crisis by Richard Florida
- Cowed by Denis Hayes & Gail Boyer Hayes
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot